“Dance like no one is watching”
I come from a very strong dance background (ballet, jazz, and modern trained for 8 years at Jordan College Academy of Dance and Butler University – Indianapolis). I am passionate about dance and helping others better themselves through fitness. Please, join my party! You will have fun, burn a ton of calories, and even meet some great people!
I bring my passion and energy to class, and I know you will bring it too. If you are a little leery at first, just try it out, you will love it! All you need to join the party is a desire to have a lot of fun – a sweat towel and a reusable water bottle won’t hurt either!
Lastly, bring a friend or spouse! You will have more fun if you have someone to party with. I can’t wait to meet you!
- Licensed to teach Zumba®, Zumba Gold®, Aqua Zumba®, Zumba® Toning, and Zumba® Gold-Toning
- ACE® Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professional
- AFAA® Certified Group Exercise Instructor
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified with American Heart Association
- RecPlex – 9900 Terwall Terrace | Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 - MAP
- Registration information: http://recplexonline.com/catalog
- Abbott Fitness Center, AP6D LL
- Must be a member – classes are no cost.
- Discover Financial Services: Fitness Center, 2500 Lake Cook Road Riverwoods, IL 60015
- Must be a member – classes are no cost.
- Expect to have no idea what you’re doing your first time. Remember, no one is there to judge you. Everybody else is usually too worried about what they’re doing to think about anyone else. Just have fun!
- These are not mellow or quiet classes, you will be moving your body, so be prepared to exercise and have fun!
- It will be exactly the same routine to the same song every time so you get a chance to learn the routines at multiple classes if you don’t catch it all the first time.
- A few songs will be changed now and then to keep it fresh.
- Do only what’s right and appropriate for you in class.
- Feel free to modify or drop any component of a move, so that it works for your body.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring some water and a sweat towel!
You WILL burn a lot of calories! Averages are:
- Zumba Gold: 500 calories
- Zumba: 750 calories
- Aqua Zumba: 650 calories
- Zumba Gold-Toning: 900 calories
- Zumba Toning: 1000 calories
NOTE: Actual calories burned in a class depends on % of body fat as well as individual effort.
Zumba Gold is for people who need or want modifications in regular Zumba to make it work for them. It is appealing to seniors, beginning exercisers, those new to or intimidated by regular Zumba, and others who have physical limitations or need to work less intensely. Some moves are done at half-tempo, allowing more people to be able to participate. Zumba Gold strives to improve balance, flexibility, strength, and the heart. My Zumba Gold class is a little shorter in duration, approximately 45 minutes. It has a longer warm-up and cool-down than the regular classes, yet still plays the same energizing music and cultivates the same high level of energy!
YOU WILL WORKOUT HARDER THAN YOU THINK! The Zumba® “pool party” gives new meaning to the idea of an invigorating workout. Integrating the Zumba formula and philosophy with traditional aqua fitness disciplines, the Aqua Zumba class blends it all together into a safe, challenging, water-based workout that’s cardio-conditioning, body-toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief.
- It’s a 60 minute choreographed aquatic aerobics class set to Latin and World music.
- Aqua Zumba is the aquatic lower impact version of Zumba, while maintaining the high intensity that is expected.
- All routines are performed standing, so you are never required to swim or float.
- Level 3 movements involve suspension in water while sculling for some (optional) movements – like jumps, leg lifts involving both legs, etc.
- The pool where class is held is a constant 3’6″ depth and lifeguards are on hand for any emergencies.
- Exercise in water can cause dehydration, bring water to class and drink as many times as you need.
- Water shoes are highly advised, unless you have bunions or callouses to work off.
- No swimming skills are required.
- It’s recommended that you keep arms under water surface for most of the work out (resistance to tone muscles).
- Pay attention to instructors hands as the positions give intensity to the movement.
Zumba® Toning (including Gold-Toning):
When it comes to body sculpting, Zumba® Toning raises the bar (or rather, the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work with Latin-infused Zumba moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness-party. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs and thighs. Zumba Toning is the perfect way for enthusiasts to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a total blast. Some sticks are provided in class, however, they may run out. If you want to ensure you have sticks available at all times for your use, you can purchase your own at Zumba.com.